The mission of HIS:
· To partner with the community.
· To provide an effective educational experience.
· To prepare every student to find success in our society.
School Board Goals:
1. Improve student achievement and close the academic achievement gaps
2. Provide a safe and nurturing environment
3. Provide strong leadership for effective and efficient operations
4. Advance academic achievement, through enhanced instructional delivery, gained by professional development
5. Strengthen collaboration with stakeholders, and increase parent and community satisfaction
6. Provide resources and support to ensure equity and access for all students.
7. Redefine “student success” beyond mere performance on standardized tests so the school is known to be a place that maximizes students’ potential.
· Student learning is a lifelong process and the chief priority of the school.
· Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
· A safe, comfortable, and nurturing environment promotes student learning.
· Clearly defined expectations coupled with a challenging curriculum, which is set at a high, but achievable, level fosters student success.
· Having sufficient time to learn and appropriate support are critical enablers.
· The quality of education depends upon the quality of the teachers in the classroom.
· Relationships of mutual respect enhance teaching and learning
· The appropriate utilization of technology optimizes student achievement
· Desired student outcomes can best be achieved through supportive interaction between school, home, and community.
· Adequate staff, facilities, funds, and resources must be provided in order to maximize individual student achievement
Faculty must be exposed to ongoing professional development
The vision of HIS:
The vision of HIS is that all students will become life-long learners equipped with the skills, knowledge and attitudes to succeed as productive citizens in a local, national and global society.